Blind shipping is a method of shipping orders from your supplier to your customer without revealing the identity of your supplier. In other words, your customer will never see your supplier information on the shipping label. This technique is very useful for Importers looking to ship faster and protect their sources. This article will explain what blind shipping is, why it might be beneficial, and how to do it effectively.
What is Blind Shipping and How Does It Work?
Blind shipping is a form of dropshipping where the supplier cannot reveal their identity on the package or invoice. Instead, a blind shipper uses anonymous supplier contact info, making it appear that the order came directly from them (instead of your supplier). This allows you to conceal using a third-party shipper and prevents customers from learning about your factory. The seller ships the goods directly to our China shipping depot, where shipping documents are changed.
Your supplier info is eliminated; their name and address are not listed on the shipping documents or documents containing shipment details and are replaced with anonymous information. Documents exclude any invoice or packing slip that might disclose their real supplier identity. By doing so, the buyer will receive the goods without the supplier’s identity.
Why Should You Use Blind Shipping?
Blind shipping can have several advantages for importers, such as:
- You prevent your supplier from stealing your customers by keeping the source and cost of the products hidden. This way, you’ll be able to increase your prices and earn more profit without worrying about your supplier undercutting you.
- Blind shipping is a great way to improve your brand image. Using this method, you can create a more professional and consistent appearance, making it seem like you have your own inventory and fulfillment center. This can increase your credibility and trustworthiness in the eyes of your customers and make them more likely to become repeat customers.
- Reducing competition: Blind shipping can help you reduce the risk of competitors finding out who your supplier is and copying your products or strategy. By keeping your supplier secret, you can maintain a unique edge over other importers in your niche.
How to Do Blind Shipping Effectively
If you’re looking to do blind shipping effectively, here are some tips that can help you out:
- When blind shipping, it’s crucial to have a trustworthy supplier who can follow instructions.
- Communicate clearly with your supplier. Provide all necessary info like your name, address, logo, tracking number, etc. Confirm receipt of instructions and proper shipment.
- To successfully blind ship, keeping a close track of your orders is crucial to ensure accurate delivery to your customers. You should give your customers regular updates on their orders, including tracking information. Addressing any issues or complaints that may arise during or after delivery is also essential.
Blind shipping is a shipping method that allows you to send orders from your supplier to your customers directly without revealing the identity of your supplier. This works because your supplier and customer will never know each other. This method protects profit margins, improves brand image, and reduces competition.